Airfield - Vilhena

1961

In just four months, from March to July, Camargo Corrêa builds the landing strip at Vilhena airport in Rondônia.

1962

Camargo Corrêa’s main office moves to a new address: Rua Líbero Badaró, in downtown São Paulo.

In July, work begins on the Jupiá Hydroelectric Power Plant, at the time, the largest in the country and one of the first to be built using local engineering know-how. Camargo Corrêa takes an active role in the project, concluding its share of the contract in January 1969, involving complete civil construction and auxiliary work together with electro-mechanical assembly. Part of the Urubupungá Hydroelectric System; Jupiá has an installed capacity of 1,400,000 kW.

1963

The isolation of the western region of the state of São Paulo comes to an end with the construction of the Castelo Branco Highway (SP-280). From November 1963 to October 1967, Camargo Corrêa does the earthmoving and surfacing work as well as the construction of viaducts along three stretches of the road with about 45 kilometers of divided highway.

1964

Inaugurated in January 1951, the Presidente Dutra Highway (BR-116), the principal road link in the country, would only be made into a twin-track highway 16 years later. Camargo Corrêa is responsible for building a stretch of 45 kilometers between Piraí (RJ) and the Rio de Janeiro/São Paulo state divide. The new highway is opened on November 15 1967.

Sylvio Brand Corrêa ceases to be a partner in Construções e Comércio Camargo Corrêa.

1965

Ilha Solteira (SP), on the Paraná River, is the largest hydroelectric power plant under construction in the world, with an estimated installed capacity of 3,200,000 kW. In the period from January 1965 to April 1978, Camargo Corrêa undertakes complete civil construction and auxiliary work on the plant, in so doing, gaining valuable experience in infrastructure, new equipment and technologies.

Reago Indústria e Comércio is founded, specializing in concrete products.

1967

In January, Camargo Corrêa begins work on its own head offices with an area of 23,000 m2. In February of the following year, senior management leaves Rua São Luís in downtown São Paulo for the new offices in Vila Olímpia.

Sebastião Camargo is awarded a degree honoris causa by Escola Superior de Guerra (ESG) in Rio de Janeiro.

1968

On December 20, Camargo Corrêa Industrial is founded, marking the entry of Sebastião Camargo’s group of companies into the cement industry.

1969

Camargo Corrêa is hired by Petrobras to undertake both earthmoving and paving and also work on the tank farm at the Planalto Paulista Refinery (Replan) in Paulínia (SP). The work takes from September 1969 to April 1970.

Camargo Corrêa acquires Consórcio Nacional de Engenheiros Construtores, today CNEC Engenharia. The company was constituted in 1959 by engineering graduates from São Paulo University’s Escola Politécnica.